May 25, 2011

Write One Leaf - that contains magic

It’s raining outside. The dull light coming though my window doesn’t lighten the mood. The temperature is on the rise.  The fireflies twinkle and dance in the moonlight outside.  There’s a haze and I can’t quite see to the other side of the lake.  Nothing is getting in this storms way.  It’s coming, the storm.  The thunder crashes in the distance.  The trees whistle as the wind picks up.  I make my way outside.  It’s colder than I had expected.  As I walk in the meadow, the woods surrounding grow darker and darker.  The noise of the forest echoes in my mind.  The fireflies don’t seem to care about the rain starting to pour down.  Heavier with each moment.  But slowly, they disappear.  The moonlight starts to get brighter, it pierces through the haze and casts shadows of anything in its path.  The night seems to move in slow motion as the stars slowly show their presence.  What a mystical, magical, wonderful time to breathe.


I felt like doing some creative writing about a week ago,  ^ ^ ^ here it is .


If you're wondering what 'write one leaf' is ... it's a blog that gives you prompts for writing everyday.  


writeoneleaf.tumblr.com



No comments:

Post a Comment