Apr 29, 2011

Hit the Road Jack

On Sunday I went up North with my Dad.  So I decided to take pictures along the way and make a time-line of it for a blog post.  So here's how it went: 

4:30 AM
-As my radio starts to play, letting me know it’s time to rise and shine, I beg to differ.
-Now, I’m no morning person, so as I got ready for the day I kept the lights low.  Very low, I did not want any light invading my tired eyes yet.   They stayed low until I absolutely needed them on fully.

5:20 AM
-I leave home in the passenger seat as my Dad drives my dog and I into the fading darkness of the early morning. 

^ 5:24 AM.
^ The highway as we left.

5:30 AM
-Pit stop at Timmies.                                          
-I get an Apple Cinnamon Tea (pretty much as usual) … however after ordering it I realize I’m kind of tired.  Usually I get it clear (aka no milk & no sugar) but I ordered milk in it.  My first  thought on this was gross. 

^ As the moon went down, the sun was making it's way into view.
^ Traces of fog started appearing.
^ What a tired dog...
^ The fog was definitely noticeable.

5:47 AM
-When I try the tea, it actually tastes good, phew.

6:30 AM
-We stop at High Falls, which is closed.
-My Dad figures there’s a way in through the back, so…
-We drive back on the highway and go in the back way, which is not blocked off at all.

^ We stopped at High Falls, this isn't actually the falls, this is a picture more of just the dam part before the falls.
^ 6:38 AM. We head back on the road.

7:00 AM
-In Huntsville we go to Timmies for a bathroom break and a bagel.
-And of course, my Dad insists on sharing the bagel with our travelling dog buddy. 

^This is the windshield I had the privilege of taking pictures through while driving.  A little 'dog slobbery' from all the times our dog sticks her nose to the window.  My Dad cleaned it off at the next stop.
^ You can see more fog lingering here around the telephone poles.

7:30 AM
-I start driving.
-The sun is shining, and it’s super bright, sunglasses are a must.

9:00 AM-ish
-We stop at a gas station in North Bay.
-There have been plenty of deer and moose crossing warning signs so far.

**There are no pictures around here because I was driving.. and that would just be bad.  :)

10:45 AM
-3 and a bit hours later (my hands are soooo tense from driving three hours, let me tell you.) we’re in New Liskeard where we stop at Wendy’s for lunch.  However the parking lot is empty and then I change my mind and want Subway instead.
-Off to Subway we go.
-It’s still very sunny outside.
-There is still snow.
-We gets subs and I get a rainbow M&M cookie with my sub. (really goooood cookie)
-Now there’s only about half an hour to where we’re going.

^Subway  :)
^There was still snow. 
^Minimal amounts, but snow none the less.
11:30 AM
-We arrive at the place we’ve been going to.
-It’s sunny and 10 degrees out.
-I play in the mud with my dog…embracing my inner child.
-I wore white shoes for the day so… when we get there and the ground is muddy and wet (from the melting snow and dirt combination I guess) I slip my Dad’s very large rubber boots over top of my shoes.
-while we’re there it spits rain a little bit.

^ 11:31 AM.
^ Sporting my Dad's handy dandy rubber boots.  Which I could actually fit my feet into while wearing my white running shoes.
^ Cutie.
^ Splash.
^ Splashing in the mud.
^ The sky was super nice looking.  haha
3:40 PM
-We leave to go home.


4:00 PM
-We go to Thornloe Cheese Factory and buy smoked mild cheese for my Mom. (sounds pretty good to me)
-We also get a mini bag of garlic cheese curds (which sound gross I know, but they’re actually really good)

^ cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese.

4:30 PM
-we stop at Timmies and get their soup deals. (Mine with Beef Noodle soup)
-I get an Apple Fritter doughnut with it and once again an Apple Cinnamon Tea (this time I have it clear like usual)
-After we’re done we head on our way again.

^ Food.  :)

5:15 PM
-I drive again

6:30 PM
-We stop in North Bay where the sun is still shining hot as ever and Dad switches to drive again.
-We also stopped at Timmies where I tried one of their real fruit smoothies.

^ The sun was shining in a type of valley area, it just looks like plain forest here but, in person it was better.
^ 7:55 PM.
^ Sunset, these pictures are taken all while driving, except for the ones from when we were actually at the place.
^ this is a little hard to see, but it's one of MANY deer warning signs.

^ Sunset continued.
^ Bokeh.
^ Lights, road, night.

8:53 PM
-We get home :)


All in all, we went from O town to Englehart.  A total of 821 km round trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment